Advertisement

Read about the latest Gaming news and announcements. The official blog of Activision, publishers of Call of Duty, Sekiro, Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, and more.

We should talk about Halo Infinite’s not quite next-gen premiere

On Thursday, I quickly consumed and reported on the first "gameplay" reveal of Halo Infinite, the long-awaited sequel slated to launch this holiday on Xbox Series X. I'll admit, I really liked what I saw at first blush. Its combat, movement, and weapon impact struck a clever balance between the glory of Halo 3 and the uneven-but-ambitious experiments of later sequels. (At least, as much as a five-minute sequence can demonstrate.)

I also liked the new weirdness of the "grapple shot," which lets series hero Master Chief cast a line and zip toward foes or pick up objects. I'm a sucker for a grappling hook, and I have previously felt that another Xbox game series, Gears of War, would benefit from such a gimmick. With that in mind, I went back to my 2019 review of Gears 5, where I'd last suggested such a thing.

I noticed that game's screenshots, which prompted me to look at images I captured from Halo infinite. Then I looked at Gears 5 again. And Halo Infinite again. Hmm, I said out loud.

Read 23 remaining paragraphs | Comments



from Gaming & Culture – Ars Technica https://ift.tt/3jDoPzF

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Like US On Facebook

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like US On Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *