Advertisement

Read about the latest Gaming news and announcements. The official blog of Activision, publishers of Call of Duty, Sekiro, Crash Bandicoot, Skylanders, and more.

The Best Scenes In Netflix's Altered Carbon, According To The People Who Made Them

Quite a highlights reel.


This gallery contains Altered Carbon spoilers!

Altered Carbon's 10 episodes are packed with beautiful brutality, epic showdowns, thoughtful tear jerkers, fantastic action scenes, and plentiful musings on the human condition. With all that, it can be hard to pick your favorite scenes from the Netflix show's first season.

But at the show's Los Angeles premiere red carpet recently, Altered Carbon's stars and creators tried. Click through to find out what their favorite scenes were--but be careful if you haven't finished all 10 episodes, because there are plenty of spoilers here.


9. Antonio Marziale (Isaac Bancroft)


"Where James [Purefoy]--Laurens Bancroft--destroys his own clone, I think is such an epic scene, and so intense, and just visually stunning and also just violent and iconic. I really enjoyed filming that."

"James is such an amazing actor, you really just have to be there and be present, and he'll give it to you. It's amazing to see--he's so relaxed, cool, casual, whatever, and then the moment they yell 'action' I'm like 'Oh my god!' He scares me! I would have to totally avoid him on set because he's rough, but such a lovely guy, it was just when we were shooting. He's just a great actor."


8. Byron Mann (original Kovacs)


"Well clearly, the first episode--the Happy Face Motel. The big action, the whole thing. That took us like two weeks to shoot. So I'm looking forward to seeing that."


7. James Purefoy (Laurens Bancroft)


"I'm pretty fond of the moment, for Bancroft, when he's in the refugee camp. I think that's a complicated scene, when he goes down into the refugee camp and dies, and keeps coming back there as a god every week."

"I think part of it is philanthropic. I have a friend who's a philanthropist. He's a very rich man. He has a t-shirt that says 'Be selfish--go help someone.' I think there is something to be said about that. I think that a lot of philanthropy is done because it makes people feel good about themselves and the offshoot of that is that other people get helped. So, it's complicated."


6. Chris Conner (Poe)


"I have two [favorite scenes]. The opening of my character, when Takeshi enters The Raven, all the way through what happens next--the utter destruction and mayhem and the joy that it elicits from me. And then my last couple of scenes in Episode 10. It's an interesting thing, how the world collapses in on itself. It's a brilliant idea, too. Did you read the book? When you finish the book, it's an interesting idea, what [author Richard Morgan] does in the book, and then what we did in our world."


5. Ato Essandoh (Vernon Elliot)


"My favorite scene, selfishly, for me, is when my wife comes back in a man's body and it's revealed to me. That's my favorite part there…It's a challenge because it made me think, 'What do we love in each other?' You know what I mean? When I think about what I love, like, my mother, right? What is it? Is there something inside that I love that could be switched into another body and still be my mother? I contend no. I contend that my mother smells a certain way, she sounds a certain way. This is what I'm used to as a human being, and so it can't possibly work that you can switch bodies like that."

"And then unselfishly, it's the fight that Joel [Kinnaman] has in the null G thing. I saw some of that being shot, and I was like, I hope that turns out cool, because it looks awesome."


4. Kristin Lehman (Miriam Bancroft)


There's so many that I'm looking forward to seeing, but one that I loved being a part of was the scene where Laurens [Bancroft] smashes his own clone. That was was pretty id. I was like, 'Oh man, how is this going to go?' And I was really intrigued to watch James [Purefoy] do it...I was shielding my eyes because Miriam is trying not to get blood [on her clothes], and also from a practical perspective, I was wearing all white and I was like 'Oh no, I can't get blood on the wardrobe!' That's not very romantic or sexy, but that's the practical part of filming. I'm like, 'We don't have doubles of this--I'd better shield myself!'"

"Watching a person, my colleague, an actor, inhabit a man who's killing a version of himself because he found out that his son had been impersonating him, has so many vast incredible layers. That's deep. I have the tremendous luxury of being in a job where there's reflection, and time, and that's a luxury. I'm aware of that. But that's a deep thing to watch and witness and participate, which I think is what art is supposed to do."


3. Joel Kinnaman (Takeshi Kovacs)


"There was something about these scenes that we shot in Episode 5 with me and Martha [Higareda, who plays Ortega] when it was sort of leading up, right when the love story between our characters was coming to fruition, and there was this triangle drama that was going on between us, but I was playing two sides of that triangle. And to me that sort of really signifies the whole show. It deals with very common and classic human themes, but because of how this technology has changed society, they get turned upside down. So we were in this triangle drama and I was jealous of my own body."


2. Martha Higareda (Kristin Ortega)


"I would say Episode 4--there's a particular scene with Joel [Kinnaman] that we do together in this big arena, it was so wicked to do it. There was a moment we remember perfectly that everything in the whole sequence worked out, like we were actually there and actually fighting. And Alex Graves, who's the director of that episode, walked into the arena and said 'Oh my god you guys, this is Altered Carbon!' Because everything worked out. We had probably like 300 background people that were screaming, and we were all really excited."

"And then there's another scene--I don't know if I can talk about this one, but the one I did with [DichenLachman's character Rei Kawahara]. Definitely one of my favorite scenes, and definitely one of the most challenging ones. I mean, especially for her, but in general because we needed to have a lot of choreography going on in the scene and a lot of intensity, and it took us four days to shoot."


1. Laeta Kalogridis (creator, screenwriter, and executive producer)


"That's so loaded! You can't ask me that! Which one of your children is your favorite?"

"My favorite scene of course, probably, is [Renée Elise Goldsberry] as Quell asking Kovacs--it's two scenes together. It's her asking Kovacs, when he's [being played by] Will Yun Lee--when Renée and Will Yun Lee are in the torture sequence in 1.04 and she's saying 'What do you do when you can't escape?' And then the second scene is also in 1.04, where Joel [Kinnaman] and Renée are sitting together and he takes his heart out and says 'I've loved you since the moment I met you.' Those two together."




from GameSpot http://ift.tt/2BiQUbZ

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Like US On Facebook

Email Subscriptions

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Like US On Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *